I’ve been an avid user of fusesmb for a while. I found it to be very good, but a little hard to set up. For no readily apparent reason, it has stopped working for me.
So, now I am trying out sshfs instead. This worked better than fusesmb anyway — in particular directory listing was much quicker which was a real problem with fusesmb. However, I had a major problem which was that rsync did not work to a sshfs mounted directory. I got a wierd error about file renaming. This was a hassle — I use rsync quite a lot. In particular the —delete option is great for websites which I develop in one place, and publish to another.
Anyway, I found the solution today. Delightfully, it is this. Instead of
sshfs, you add a new option to get
workaround=rename. It’s rare that you see such a honest command line…
Originally published on my old blog site.