Finished teaching today for year; well, ignoring the research projects, which might be a mistake. I don’t understand exactly why I find the teaching so tiring; probably the main reason is getting on top of so much background material. Still, it’s been a good thing; I’ve needed to get on top of MIAME for quite a while.
The lecture actually went okay. Rather than go through the data model, which would have been dull, I think, I did a "clustering exercise", which I learnt at last weeks LSI meeting: everybody wrote down terms on post-it notes; then, they get arranged on the board, into related clusters. In the end, we got clusters which fell neatly into the six points from the MIAME checklist. Fairly pleasing, really.
Originally published on my old blog site.